It has been a busy month here at Cornell, as we have been welcoming this year’s freshmen and transfer students. We have also been reconnecting with all those who have returned to Ithaca after the summer. Throughout this Freshmen Welcoming season, we have done a number of events, led by our students, to reach out to those who are looking to be connected to Christian community. We just started our Bible courses, as well as large group meetings, and we all look forward to what God will do this semester on campus.
There are a number of things for which we would love your prayers:
- This Freshmen Welcoming season was the first for all of us on staff. God was faithful to us at this time, and we pray that this would continue.
- We have far more men involved this year than in years past. Pray that this would continue!
- Some students are still dealing with the ramifications of turnover in our staff over the last year. Pray that God would minister to them in this time of transition.
- We are still trying to get some more women involved in Bible courses, and students are looking for ways to engage them.
- Also, we are soon going to begin some exciting outreach opportunities that you will hear about soon.
We appreciate all of your prayers for the students here at Cornell!