At Yale, Christian Union Lux provides in-depth study of Scripture, Christian leadership training, mentoring, fellowship, and support for Christian students. It also provides resources and opportunities to help any interested students — whatever their spiritual background or beliefs — learn more about Christianity.
The ministry's main activities include Bible courses, a weekly lecture series, called Rooted, conferences, and various outreaches on campus.
In addition, Christian Union owns and operates the James W.C. Pennington Center at Yale.
Christian Union FacultyChristian Union's role is to resource students at Yale by offering mentoring, discipleship, and leadership training. Meet the Christian Union faculty that work with Yale students.
Christian Union Lux Cornerstone PartnersIf you would be interested in helping support the work of Christian Union at Yale, please consider becoming a Christian Union Lux Cornerstone Partner.
Christian Union is an independent Christian ministry.
- In 2019-2020, 71 undergraduate students participated in Christian Union's rigorous, weekly Bible courses.
- Four Christian Union ministry faculty worked directly with students, providing Bible course instruction, mentorship, and leadership coaching.
- The leadership lecture series, Rooted, addressed a host of challenging and inspiring topics throughout the year like "Faith and the Gift of Sex," "The Reliability of the New Testament Scriptures," "Biblical Repentance," and "Faith in the Face of Mental Illness."
- Conferences took students off campus twice a year to go in-depth into Scripture, worship, and prayer. Retreats this year were marked by extended time alone in the word, talks on the supernatural, and growth as a community.
- Prayer gatherings take place throughout the year, and students fasted together every Wednesday as they sought the Lord for themselves and their campus. Lux also had the privilege of hosting the National Collegiate Day of Prayer with several other national ministries.
|Spiritual Heritage||“Wherein youth may be instructed in the Arts and Sciences (and) through the blessing of Almighty God may be fitted for public employment both in church and state.”|
|Motto||Lux Et Veritas (Light and Truth)|
Christian Union at Yale
|Year the ministry was founded||2011|
|Full-time Christian Union ministry faculty||5|